The Topographical Plan of Florence, designed by Gaetano Auzzani, engraved by Giacinto Maina and edited by Giovanni Berni in 1850 is a tribute of high quality to the “very deserving gonfalonier of the city of Florence” Vincenzo Peruzzi.
Peruzzi was the last gonfalonier of Florence, an important political figure with high military, administrative and religious powers common in Tuscan cities, and he left many finished works to the city. Perhaps this is the reason for there being, on both sides of the map, an extensive and organized list of buildings with various information: the area where they are located, the name, the state of construction, the author and the era. In the first lines of the list on the left there is also an indication of the three circles of walls that were built from 775 onwards.
The plan is organized with a chromatic convention that divides the buildings of worship, the public buildings, the private buildings, the most significant buildings and, with the use of a brown line, shows the division of the city into terzieri, an administrative subdivision into three neighborhoods of the time.
Number of pieces: 540
Dimensions: 35 x 50 cm
Box dimensions: 8 x 8 x 28cm